DIY Shower Cleaner Recipes
Are we still being duped?
Dawn and Vinegar Cleaner
Try this tried and true recipe. The dawn and vinegar cleaner – 1 part dawn 2 parts vinegar. Keep in mind that this dawn and vinegar cleaner has soap in it so it must be rinsed, otherwise it will cause a slipping hazard.
Vinegar as a glass cleaner1/4 cup white vinegar (apple cider vinegar will work as well)
1/4 cup isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
1 Tbsp cornstarch (the cornstarch reduces streaking — anyone know why?)
2 cups water
8-10 drops essential oil of choice (optional. Lemon, orange, or another citrus would be my choice here, but lavender or others would be nice as well. Go here to learn why I chose this company as having the best essential oils for the money.)
Other items that are essential for keeping a tile shower clean:
- Rain X
- Cleaning clothes
- Non caustic tile cleaners
- Make your own Daily Cleaner
- Best glass cleaners
- Steam cleaner
- Use a scrubber for tough areas
After every shower make these things a habit and you’ll never have moldy grout or soap scum:
- Spray down walls and any area that gets hit with water with your daily shower cleaner – except the glass if applicable.
- Squeegee to clean the water off of your glass if you have it and then squeegee off water from all walls and floor from edges to drain.
- Apply the rain x once a month on your glass to keep the water spots down.
- Clean glass weekly.
- Every 6 months steam clean the grout.
- Every 6 months scrub tough to clean areas with scrubber and the dawn and vinegar cleaner.
Does it really matter?
Call us now if you have any other questions (503)851-8489